Work with us!
Below is a list of our current employment opportunities:
The Buffalo Neighborhood Stabilization Company (BNSC) is a community development organization in Buffalo, NY. BNSC acts as the housing development arm of the community organizing group PUSH Buffalo, and as such undertakes the day-to-day operations and management of housing and land development.
BNSC uses a variety of strategies to create a safe, decent and viable neighborhood on the West Side of Buffalo, including green affordable housing construction, community-based renewable energy projects, housing weatherization, green jobs training, and green infrastructure.
BNSC is seeking a Project Manager (PM) to oversee construction and development of affordable housing development projects. In this role, the PM will be responsible for the creation of new affordable housing developments, oversight of construction carried out by PUSH and its contractors, and other property development duties. The PM will also partner with the Housing Director to focus on new projects, new business lines, and the existing pipeline.
• Demonstrated familiarity with and interest in community development
• Strong organization skills, including good attention to detail and follow through necessary;
• Knowledge of construction, including certification in green building techniques and methods (e.g., BPI; LEED)
• Strong writing skills; Strong Excel and budget skills;
• Skilled at establishing priorities and managing multi-project workload;
• Experience with affordable housing and other real estate financing sources, both public and private;
• Team player, creative, innovative, flexible & enthusiastic self-starter who can work independently;
• Willingness to work on community planning of and engagement in real estate projects;
• Willingness to participate in non-real estate related organizational initiatives;
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience in architecture, engineering, construction, housing development, or financing, or related field;
• Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for some of the experience required;
• Bilingual/bicultural a plus,
• Experience working in the field as a tradesperson is desirable.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
Resume, Cover Letter, and 3 professional references to:
456 Massachusetts Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14213
Storm-water Mitigation Landscape Laborer
PUSH Buffalo seeks full-time landscape laborers to install and maintain 25 stormwater mitigation systems over a 2 year period. Experience in landscaping, horticulture, mechanics, or plumbing are a plus. Valid driver’s license and flexible schedule are a plus. The ideal applicant must be willing and able to do strenuous outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Preparation of sites including: debris removal, digging trenches, moving soil by hand, raking out materials
- Installation of plantings including: planting large ball and burlap trees and other plant materials, mulching, watering
- General maintenance of sites including: mowing, trimming, weeding, trash pick-up, graffiti removal, and exterior building repair
Please send a resume outlining your experience and 3 professional references by May 24th 2013 to:
Joshua Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
or deliver to:
PUSH Blue, 271 Grant Street (side door, upstairs)
Jennifer Mecozzi, Organizing Director email@example.com
Buffalo Neighborhood Stabilization Company (BNSC):
Jenifer Kaminsky, Housing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Aaron Bartley, Executive Director email@example.com
Communications and Marketing:
Lonnie Barlow, Communications Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer with us!
As a membership-based organization located on Buffalo’s growing West Side, many of our members are extremely active (and very busy) volunteering in our Green Development Zone.
If you, or anyone you know, is interested in joining PUSH as a member volunteer, then you should definitely attend one of our Monthly Member Meetings. Member Meetings are held on the 2nd last Saturday of every month and take place at our office, downstairs, in the Grant Street Neighborhood Community Center, located at 271 Grant St.
Get to know the members and learn all about the different ways that you can get involved with our organization.
Sign-up for our eNewsletter!
Can’t attend one of our monthly, Member Meetings? Looking for an easy way to stay on top of everything going on at PUSH? Then, sign-up for our eNewsletter...now!
Learn more about our organization and any job/internship opportunities that we have available. Simply subscribe to our newsletter by adding your name and e-mail address below (or above) and we will take care of the rest.
PUSH Buffalo and BNSC are Equal Opportunity Employers. Women and people of color are always strongly encouraged to apply.