Work with us!
1. We continue to accept resumes for construction laborers. Interested individuals are encouraged to attend a BETC-sponsored drop-in every other Thursday. Check out our calendar
Check out our calendar: PUSH Green Events
2. PUSH Summer Jobs - We will host the Mayor of Buffalo's Summer Youth Employment and Training Program at the Grant St Neighborhood Center (GSNC) this summer. Interested youth between the ages of 14-21 must apply by May 30th through the City of Buffalo. Youth are not guaranteed placement at our site.
3. Storm-water Mitigation Landscape Laborer:
PUSH Buffalo seeks a full-time seasonal landscape laborer to install and maintain stormwater mitigation systems. Experience in landscaping, horticulture, mechanics, or plumbing are a plus. Valid driver’s license and flexible schedule required. Dependable cell phone required. Must be willing and able to do strenuous outdoor work in all weather conditions. Seasonal position May 1 - October 1.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Preparation of sites including: debris removal, digging trenches, moving soil by hand, raking out materials
- Installation of plantings including: planting large ball and burlap trees and other plant materials, mulching, watering
- General maintenance of sites including: mowing, trimming, weeding, trash pick-up, graffiti removal, and exterior building repair
Please send a resume outlining your experience and 3 professional references by April 15th to: Joshua Smith, email@example.com or deliver to PUSH Blue, 271 Grant St side door, upstairs
4. Skilled Construction Laborer positions
PUSH seeks candidates for Skilled Construction Laborer positions for a green affordable housing development project on the West Side. These are full-time (40 hours per week) project-based positions (8 to 12 months) with the potential for growth.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
● At least 4 years professional experience in general construction and 2 years experience in residential rough and finish carpentry
● Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
● OSHA 10-hour for construction certification
● EPA Lead RRP certification
● Demonstrated ability to complete quality work safely, on time, and at cost
● Ability to work with others of varying skill levels as well as independently
● Basic hand tools
● Valid NYS driver’s license and reliable transportation
● Scheduling flexibility
● Commitment to grassroots community empowerment
● $12.66 per hour (City of Buffalo living wage rate)
● Optional health benefits
● Paid time off
Skilled Construction Laborers will report to the Construction Manager and Owner’s Representative.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to Clarke Gocker, Director of Workforce Initiatives, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in person (271 Grant Street, 2nd Floor, Buffalo NY, 14213).
5. Accounting Clerk
- Accounts Payable processing including posting invoices
- Processing and mailing Corporate checks
- Maintenance of finance department files
- Other tasks as needed
- 2-3 years experience with similar tasks
- Positive attitude, excellent work ethic
- Commitment to PUSH mission of social justice a plus!
Please send a resume by April 24th to email@example.com or by mail to Tamar Rothaus, 271 Grant Buffalo 14213. No phone calls please!
Jennifer Mecozzi, Organizing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Buffalo Neighborhood Stabilization Company (BNSC):
Jenifer Kaminsky, Housing Director email@example.com
Jeff Zak, Project Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Rahwa Ghirmatzion, Development Director email@example.com
Aaron Bartley, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications and Marketing:
Britney McClain, Director, Marketing & Communications email@example.com
Lonnie Barlow, Communications Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer with us!
As a membership-based organization located on Buffalo’s growing West Side, many of our members are extremely active (and very busy) volunteering in our Green Development Zone.
Interested in interning, or volunteering for us? Please download the job description for further information: Internship opportunities
Get to know the members and learn all about the different ways that you can get involved with our organization.
Sign-up for our eNewsletter!
Can’t attend one of our monthly, Member Meetings? Looking for an easy way to stay on top of everything going on at PUSH? Then, sign-up for our eNewsletter...now!
Learn more about our organization and any job/internship opportunities that we have available. Simply subscribe to our newsletter by adding your name and e-mail address below (or above) and we will take care of the rest.
PUSH Buffalo and BNSC are Equal Opportunity Employers. Women and people of color are always strongly encouraged to apply.